Monday 11 May 2009

Sherry trifle



I really enjoy cooking and baking.
This is my take on sherry trifle. I hate to see trifle in a large bowl it is fine until half of it has been eaten and the rest looks so messy.
I make mine in individual bowls, dishes or glasses.
I used with chocolate chip muffins for the base, crumbled in to the glass, and then I add the sherry, strawberries and raspberries.
For the custard I use half a bar of dark chocolate and one tub of low fat double cream, heated up in a pan until bubbling.
I let it cool and pour it on to the fruit and put it in the frige to set.
For the creamy topping I use low fat well known powdered topping, mixed with skimmed milk and spooned on the top, and to finish it off I place a raspberry on the top.
Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment