Monday 9 March 2009

Spring is in the air!


Well after the cold winter and the snow, spring is finally in the air!
I have been out in the garden pruning and cutting back and looking to see what spring bulbs and plants are coming up. I have snow drops, miniature daffodils, primulars, hellebores and crocuses.


My hanging baskets need a bit of attention and I have to plant up my sweet peas.
I went to a well-known DIY store last weekend and bought some rhubarb to start my veg plot off. and 45 primulars, in "peaches and cream" colours.
The compost bin is nearly full, that will be great for digging in to add some goodness to the soil.
It has been raining most of the morning so I am now doing house work, well actually no I am on my pc thinking about house work!




I did bake a few buns from a recipe from a magazine "cappuccino coffee cakes with crushed meringue and cream on top" they looked lovely in the magazine.
I had already made "Eton Mess" trifle with the other four meringues for family dinner on Friday.
taken from "Not just any magazine"
That recipe needed fresh strawberries, fresh raspberries, 4 meringue nests, vanilla ice cream and double cream (very low fat, I am a weight watchers gold member and have been for three years!)
It was lovely, but I added up the cost for a desert for seven people, it was almost eight pounds to make! I could have bought a nice expensive decorated cake for that, but it wouldn’t have tasted as nice! I didn’t take a photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment